Environmental Technologies Group Pty Ltd takes your privacy extremely seriously and are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected in compliance with all applicable Australian laws. This policy describes what, why and how we collect and use your personal information, how we protect it and how you can contact us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- to protect and improve our products (and services) and to develop new ones
- consider orders and requests and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
We collect such information in two ways, first from information you give us (such as when you order product online or by phone) and information we get from your use of our services such as when you visit our website containing our advertising which you view and interact with our ads and content. In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources and our related companies and only ever by lawful and correct means.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the information which you provide to us which is part of your identity, such as your name, e-mail address, billing information, delivery address and special delivery instructions or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you
- the keeping of demographic data, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- the recording of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- your enquiries or complaints.
From time to time, Environmental Technologies Group may conduct online surveys that ask you for demographic data, like household information, ages, and so on. Participation in these surveys is always voluntary. Environmental Technologies Group aggregates the responses we receive before using the information to improve the product offering and services we offer.
We may also collect personal information from people who submit applications or register interest for employment with us.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
Environmental Technologies Group may use your information to create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our websites, products and services which we may share with third parties and/or make available to the public.
Environmental Technologies Group may use your information to develop and improve new and existing products and services, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about customers’ shopping preferences in general.
Where you have uploaded product reviews, comments or content to our websites or services and made them publically visible,
Environmental Technologies Group may link to, publish or publicise these materials elsewhere including in our own advertisements
We also use your personal information for marketing purposes such as to provide information about products, promotions and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to ask us not to do this we have a simple opt-out regime in place.
We may share personal information inside the Environmental Technologies Group, and may disclose personal information outside the Environmental Technologies Group:
- to service providers who provide services including website and technology services, internet service providers, credit gateways, archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification and maintenance,
- as required by relevant laws or rules and to people you nominate with your permission.
In some circumstances the parties with whom we share personal information may operate outside of Australia e.g. ASIA and the USA. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
WHAT WE DO TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We hold your personal information in:
- computer systems;
- electronic databases;
- digital archives;
- hard copy or paper files.
These storage mechanisms may be managed in a number of ways. These may be managed internally by Environmental Technologies Group and may be held locally in Australia, or, they could be managed by a third party storage provider with whom Environmental Technologies Group has a contractual relationship and be either managed locally or overseas. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The ways we do this include:
- using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details (SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us);
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access);
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure;
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards; and
- destroying or de-identifying personal information pursuant to the law and our record retention policies.
Environmental Technologies Group uses the eWay Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWay processes online credit cards transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via online stores. All online credit card transactions performed on our site using the eWAY gateway are safe and secure.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
As general best practice on the Internet, it is recommended that individuals take great care with user accounts, and follow some basic rules:
- Do not use trivial passwords (such as single dictionary words).
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Do use very long passwords (at least 10 characters, but preferably much longer).
- Do use passwords which contain a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters e.g. $%^& etc.
- Do keep passwords securely (never written down, or shared with anyone) and changed periodically
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
Individuals have the right to request access to personal information we hold about them, and request us to correct any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading personal information. If you would like to request access to the personal information that we hold about you in our customer databases, please contact us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below. You will be asked to provide some proof of identification so that we can verify that it is you making the request.
DEALING WITH ENVIRONMETAL TECHNOLOGIES ONLINE
When you visit our website, you will browse anonymously unless you have logged into or accessed the website from a personalised communication from us.
Once you have logged into an Environmental Technologies Group portal, accessed our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or provided us with personal information by completing a form online, we may be able to identify you. If we have identified you, we may be able to link your identity to your previous anonymous browsing history and collect information about your possible future use of our websites, irrespective of how you access our sites (e.g. by clicking a link in an advertisement or from a third party website). In addition we may combine that information about your use of our websites with certain other online and offline information we have about you in order to tailor your online experience and provide you with further information. If you would prefer not to be identified you can delete the cookies and reconfigure the cookie preferences on your internet browser (see below).
A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information placed on your computer when you visit a website used for recognition/user preference/record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on our sites to:
- manage advertising – we use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using
- monitor traffic- we use tracking technology to gather anonymous information about how people are using the our sites. This information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site
- collect identifiable information about your use of our websites – if we have identified you as a result of you logging into an Environmental Technologies Group portal or accessing our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or providing us with personal information by completing a form online.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY